17 days till Halloween.
And probably only 2 weeks really till Halloween parties and celebrations galore, because we all know that the Friday and Saturday will be when things happen.
Now the time you should be thinking about your costume and making plans. So I’ve decided to conduct a little round up of 10 things you can do to get ready for a Halloween with a vintage twist.
- Order yourself some proper vintage scary movies. Like the 1930 version of Dracula starring Bela Lugosi, or the 1932 version of The Mummy starring Boris Karloff.
- Download some Pumpkin carving templates from Hendricks.
- Book your tickets for Don’t Dali with the Devil hosted by Fleur De Guerre and Emerald Fontaine, or check my events page for local goings on.
- Plan a classy costume that doesn’t involve fake blood or horns
- Buy some darkly glamorous lingerie from What Katie Did
Photo of Miss Banbury Cross taken by Tony Nylons for What Katie Did
- Make some yummy Halloween food.
- Get the ingredients in for some sexy Halloween Cocktails
- Enter my countdown to Halloween Giveaway, which has a week left!
- Spend some time on Flickr looking for fabulous vintage Halloween photos, like this one.
- Lastly? Buy some decorations that don’t involve cobwebs or plastic spiders.
Before I go, just a little reminder that Retro Chick has opened a small Vintage Homewares section. To start with all items are on auction, most with 99p start prices and they finish on SUNDAY!
In the future I’ll be trying to keep a small selection of china and other goodies available to Buy It Now.